[StBernard] Governor Blanco issues statement on Bobby Jindal's victory

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 22 09:22:51 EDT 2007

Governor Blanco issues statement on Bobby Jindal's victory

BATON ROUGE - BATON ROUGE - Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco issued the following statement tonight after Bobby Jindal was announced as the winner of the governor's race:

"I congratulate Bobby Jindal on his successful election and victory this evening, and I wish him the best as he becomes the next governor of Louisiana. My administration has begun readying for this change and we look forward to helping with a smooth transition.

"I want to thank the people of Louisiana for the past four years, though there is still much work to do in my last few months as your governor. Together we have worked to create new opportunities for our citizens as we laid a strong foundation for our future. From education to economic development, health care to ethics, our recovery to our families and children, Louisiana is a better place to live."

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org