[StBernard] Thank you Louisiana and Congratulations to Governor-Elect Jindal

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 22 22:20:05 EDT 2007

Dear Fellow Louisianans,

Today, I would like to thank all of you who voted for me on Saturday. Over
185 thousand voters cast their vote for me in favor of dramatic change for
Louisiana! I was honored to win first place in my home city New Orleans
where people know me well and are in drastic need of immediate assistance
and leadership.

The election is now history and I ask everyone join me in supporting our new
Governor, Bobby Jindal, and his agenda for Louisiana! We are in need of
leadership and the voters have chosen to give Bobby Jindal a second chance.
Governor-elect Jindal has a strong mandate for change and we must help our
new Governor through the tough task of achieving it. I learned a lot about
Louisiana durning this campaign and I know that the Governor Elect has an
awsome responsibilty to the people. To succeed, he must balance the needs of
those who are in need with those who are blessed in order to unite our
state!

Thank you to everyone who has sent kind words to us this weekend. As I
return to private life, I will continue to help the people of Louisiana as
best I can. Now more than ever, I want to help unite our divided state. I
plan to concentrate my efforts on the recovery efforts of the hurricane
affected areas by working with the faith-based groups and other private
sector initiatives.

Many of you have expressed an interest in advocating for the ideas expressed
in the Georges Plan so it will be posted on the ChangeLouisiana.com
<http://www.changelouisiana.com> website which remains the citizens'
network for change. Watch for details on our plans for ChangeLouisiana
<http://www.changelouisiana.com> over the next few weeks.

God bless all of you. Please remember, together, we will Change Louisiana!

Thank you,

John D. Georges

P.S. To see my remarks on Saturday night, please go to
www.georgesforgovernor.com