[StBernard] Thanks to Walter Boasso for running for Governor..a manwith Courage

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Oct 23 19:56:52 EDT 2007

I agree Walter would make a great Lt. Governor. That said I wouldn't be to
fast to say Bobby will be there for the next 8 years. First, he may move on
to some national office. Second, reform governors don't get re-elected in
LA. If anybody can think of one that did please refresh my memory. I think
Walter positioning himself for Mitch's job is a good idea, just stay light
on his feet in case opportunity knocks to jump back into the governor's
race.

I would also like to thank Walter for running, it took a lot of stones to
jump in front of the train called Bobby that has been speeding down the
track for years now. It would have been nice to see what happened in a one
on one run-off.

Again Thanks Walter

Randy

> And Susie, if nothing else, in hoping that Jindal does a good job for the

> state, Walter needs to be ready in four years to run for Lt. Governor.

> Mitch Landreau will be term limited and Walter's name recognition and

> credibility is now well established. Even people who didn't vote for him

> realize Walter's business sense and knowledge of what is needed for

economic

> development in Louisiana, which is the primary job of the Lt. Governor.

> Such a race doesn't cost nearly as much to run for Governor...I think

> Walter, if he starts early and makes his interest known, will be a shoe-in

> to win. Then, four years later, presuming Jindal serves a second term,

> Walter then runs and wins the Governor's race.

> This has very realistic possibilities. I've already discussed this with

the