[StBernard] Proof of Residence

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 25 22:55:13 EDT 2007

That's probably the same thing they did for me here in AL. When the premium
first came due after the storm I contacted GEICO and explained the
situation. GEICO said no problem and changed the rates to reflect the
vehicle being in AL.

I was also able to do that when I was going to college in Kentucky. The car
was domiciled most of the year there.

Jim

I'll take a shot at answering this because I've already had this
discussion
with my State Farm agent.

According to my agent, you can live at one address, actually own a
house
elsewhere, and have your driver's license show yet another address.
The
reason for this is because your insurance goes by from the address
where you
typically begin and end your driving route on a given day.

Sure, that's typically where you live at the present. Thus, my
driver's
license and legal domicile is still in Chalmette. But continued
displacement has me across the lake for the present. My State Farm
agent
made an adjustment in my insurance based on where I am having to
live this
day. But even that is the least factor in your premium - how many
miles you
put on your car is the greatest factor in your premium.

John Scurich