[StBernard] Landrieu Statement on Eddie Jordan Resignation

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 31 08:42:05 EDT 2007

John,

I think I heard WWL report yesterday that Mitch Landrieu already say he
wouldn't run, but I can't confirm it in today's news reports. But, assuming
I heard wrong, how would this turn of events look:

Mitch Landrieu is now a dead duck. Unless something goes seriously wrong
over the next four years, it will be hard for anyone to unseat Bobby Jindal,
so Mitch decides to run for DA and wins. That opens up the Lt. Gov's seat.

Walter runs for and wins the Lt. Gov's seat.

In eight years, he would be able to run for the now vacant Governor's race.

What do you think?

Westley