[StBernard] St. Bernard and Habitat

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 31 18:53:23 EDT 2007

I think its all a buncha political %^-kissing. I implored them for help in
10/05-1/06 and got more runaround than FEMA. I finally gave up on all
the"benevolent societies" that are funded by hmmm, the MBA, the NFL; who's
going to make who look good? and put my faith in the church groups that
stayed with us and gave us a hug with our tuna helper; Bless YOU, boys and
girls; those were the front lines; not Harry Connick, Jr. or John Travolta.

Ms Simms

> "Give back for the holidays Since Katrina, New Orleans Area
Habitat for
> Humanity (NOAHH) has become the
> leading home builder in the city."
>
> Jer: I'm leery about this organization and wonder (from
observation) about
> its mission.
>
> I can recall when "expedited" to Georgia abruptly about how it
operates.
> Immediately after Katrina I begged this well-know organization for

> consideration about qualifying for a Habitat home. I was denied
because I
> was not in the "strike zoned" state although they were building
habitat
> homes in the small town/area. The qualifying was for minorities
and believe
> it or not, the builders were overwhelmingly, Caucasian doing the
work.

> In attempting to return early to LA, I again notified, applied,
etc. and
> again I was denied. Again, all I saw were homes built around the
New Orleans
> area and again, --minorities were selected as homeowners.
>
> It begs the question. The release below mentions St. Bernard
Parish. Is it
> reasonable to ask whether the homes included anyone of the
"Caucasian
> Persuasion"? Are there homes being built in da parish's
neighborhoods and
> does anyone know if this theory/observation is disproved?
>
> This writer is wondering as it appears to be more of a liberal
attempt (in a
> social-economic target) to appease minorities (which ideally is
not only
> inappropriate, it is wrong to target one culture over another in
large
> numbers, especially if one or many are getting a home and has not
been a
> former homeowner?
>
> --I'm not only confused, but am trying to understand this
organization's