[StBernard] LouisianaRebuilds.info Weekly Alert

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 1 22:19:43 EDT 2007

Lousiana Rebuilds <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/>

Teachers HomeWorks Program: Home-Buying Grants for Teachers

The Teachers HomeWorks program was established to encourage teachers to
establish roots in New Orleans. Neighborhood Housing Services will
administer the program. To apply, teachers must obtain a personal profile
form through the human resources department of individual charter schools,
the recovery district or the Orleans Parish School Board. Find out more in
our Buy a House section <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/buyahouse#loan> .

Free Lead Paint Tests

ACORN is helping individuals in New Orleans obtain free lead-paint tests.
Call (504) 943-0044, ext. 155. Find out more in our Homeowners section
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/homeowners#clean> .

Greater New Orleans Fair Housing Action Center

The Greater New Orleans Fair Housing Action Center has a hurricane relief
project that provides assistance to hurricane-affected homeowners having
problems resolving issues with mortgage and insurance companies. They offer
foreclosure prevention counseling, help negotiating with insurance companies
for fair settlements, help negotiating with lenders for affordable repayment
plans, and assistance navigating the Road Home program. Find out more about
this and other financial assistance programs in our Homeowners section
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/homeowners#financial> .

Upcoming Events

November 2: Central City Job Fair
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/2707>

November 3: Data Collection and Recovery Management Information Systems for
Neighborhood Leaders <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/2708>

November 8: Fast Forward Restart Workshop: Rebuilding Our Community
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/2713>

November 8: Technology Seminar for Small Businesses and Nonprofits
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/2706>