[StBernard] Rep. Baker committed to overriding WRDA veto on Tuesday

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 2 22:10:32 EDT 2007

Rep. Baker committed to overriding WRDA veto on Tuesday

WASHINGTON – U.S. Rep. Richard Baker, R-Baton Rouge, issued the following statement today in response to President Bush’s veto of the Water Resources Development Act.

“Republicans and Democrats worked in a bipartisan and bicameral manner to craft the WRDA bill the president vetoed today. I am confident that Members of Congress are just as committed to supporting WRDA now as they were when Congress approved the bill by an overwhelming and veto-proof margin.

“The vote to override President Bush’s veto of WRDA will take place on Tuesday of next week. As a member of the conference committee that wrote the WRDA bill, which includes over $3 billion for Louisiana , I will continue to work to ensure this veto is overridden.”

-30-

For more news about Congressman Baker, please visit

www.baker.house.gov <http://www.baker.house.gov/>