[StBernard] Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco's Week in Review:October 29-November 2

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 2 22:22:35 EDT 2007

Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco's Week in Review: October 29-November 2

NEWS

11.2.07
Governor Blanco responds to Jordan's request for state funding
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=3&articleID=3306>

11.2.07
Governor Blanco issues statement on President Bush's veto of WRDA
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=3307&navID=3>

10.30.07
FINANCIAL RELIEF AVAILABLE FOR MILITARY FAMILIES
Starting today, Louisiana residents who are members of a reserve component of the U.S. Armed Forces or the National Guard and have served a minimum of 30 days' active duty or active state service since September 11, 2001 may apply for financial relief from the Louisiana Military Family Assistance fund.
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&arti! cleID=3305&navID=3>

10.30.07
Governor Blanco, General Motors announce $73 million investment in Shreveport assembly plant to build the new HUMMER H3T
Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco welcomed General Motors officials today as they confirmed GM will invest approximately $73 million into its Shreveport truck assembly plant to prepare the plant for production of the all-new HUMMER H3T. Larger than a truck, smaller than a full-size, the H3T is scheduled to arrive in dealerships by third quarter 2008.
Read More
<http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=3303&navID=3>
10.30.07
SPEECH: Governor Blanco makes announcement at General Motors in Shreveport
Thank you, Morgan. And thank you, Dave Gibbons, Troy Clarke and General Motors, for delivering this retirement gift of new investment! You could sweeten the po! t by throwing in one of those new HT3's. I do need to learn to drive again, and those Hummer pickups are mighty fine.
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=4&articleID=3304>

10.30.07
EDITORIAL: In retrospect, Blanco sees progress, hope
Gov. Kathleen Blanco is delivering an important message this week called "Progress Report for Louisiana, 2004-2008." In it she describes the progress made during her tenure as governor.
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&articleID=3298>

10.29.07
EDITORIAL: Governor Blanco's legacy will last
Say what you may about the administration of Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco, but one thing is certain.
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&articleID=3294>

10.29.07
LCTCS and Union Tank Car Honor Governor Blanco
Today, the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) and Union Tank Car honored Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco during a tour and presentation ceremony in Alexandria to show appreciation for her leadership and commitment to economic and workforce development for the State of Louisiana and the local community.
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=3295&navID=3>

PROCLAMATIONS/EXECUTIVE ORDERS

* Executive Order No. KBB 2007-25: for a bond allocation for Hammond-Tangipahoa Home Mortgage Authority.
* Executive Order No. KBB 2007-26: for a bond allocation for Lafayette Public Trust Authority.
* Executive Order No. KBB 2007-27: to establish the Louisiana Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission.
* Executive Order No. KBB 2007-28: to amend Executive Order No. KBB 2007-14, issued May 31, 2007, by adding two additional cabinet secretaries (Corrections and DEQ) to the Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness Advisory Council.

Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=home&navID=15&cpID=0&cfmID=0&catID=5>

GOVERNOR'S COLUMN

Building a Healthy Louisiana by Attacking Drug and Alcohol Abuse
As Governor, I have had the privilege of working with dedicated Louisianans from across our state committed to making a difference in the health and safety of our citizens and communities. Treating alcohol, tobacco and drug abuse is and must continue to be a priority if we are to create a healthier Louisiana.
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=2&articleID=3297>

###