[StBernard] Cybersecurity 101

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Nov 5 20:11:06 EST 2007

Westley,

Thanks for the info. I've got Norton anti-virus...it came on the laptop and
when the trial version expired I just purchased the full version (sigh) it's
so easy, you're hit with the screens, it's easy to do, etc. When this one
expires I'll go back to Grisoft. You're right, it's a great anti-virus
program.

For the benefit of all of us (I understand *some* of the differences) could
you explain the difference between what Ad-aware does and Spy-bot? Ad-ware
gets rid of the tracking cookies, yes? What does Spy-bot handle? Also,
what firewall program do you recommend? With my Vista laptop I got the
Windows firewall and Norton trial edition which I then updated with the
virus program. On the old laptop I had Zone Alarm. Is that one still
worthwhile?

Thanks for your assistance,

Jim