[StBernard] The (gulp!) -- R-Word!

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Nov 12 20:52:32 EST 2007

>If one cannot say the N-word, then certainly, the same has to apply to the

>R-Word because it involves sensitivity to a race of

>individuals.

Ah, no it does not.

>From Wiki:

Redneck, in modern usage, predominantly refers to a particular stereotype
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotype> of white people
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_people> who may be found in many
regions of the United States <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States> .
Originally limited to the Appalachians
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachians> , and later the Ozarks
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozarks> and Rocky Mountains
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Mountains> , this stereotype is now
widespread in northern states. The word can be used either as a pejorative
or as a matter of pride <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride> . The blunt
definition of the stereotype describes one who lives in a rural American
area, is poor, and sometimes would own a pickup truck and would have an
apparel of a cowboy and a southern accent.[1]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck#_note-0>
You see it's *some* white people; not all so it's not about an entire race
of folks.

see this: http://www.redneckworld.com/

I was telling a friend of mine up here about my and Wendy's little
conversation and about the "scratching just below the surface..." and he
guffawed. You see, he's a redneck. But he also graduated cum laude from
Birmingham Southern with a degree in accounting and finance.

BTW, he howled when I told him about a line I heard in movie in which a wife
says to her husband "If you do that one more time, I'm gonna slap the red
right off your neck."

Jim

"Ah but Wendy, you can just barely scratch the surface on 'em here
and you
still get redneck! --Jim"

Jer: Ah, but Jim, ..and in the course of human events/frailties
(this time,
we'll discuss being politically correct via the Liberals):

If one cannot say the N-word, then certainly, the same has to apply
to the
R-Word because it involves sensitivity to a race of individuals.

..

A little bit of political humor goes a long way, but at times highly
illustrates what the future encompasses.

--jer--

____
DEVACAPS.com - Data Evacuation and Protection Services
Because your data is too important to leave behind
504-250-6407 sales at DEVACAPS.com http://www.DEVACAPS.com

____
Not all emails sent through this list reflect
the opinion of da-parish.com or Westley Annis

Such emails list the author in either the subject line or within the
message
itself.

THIS MESSAGE IS NOT MEANT TO BE INTERPRETED AS LEGAL ADVICE AND
SHOULD NOT BE
CONSIDERED AS SUCH.

This message is copyrighted by Westley Annis. No distribution
through
electronic, paper, or other means is permitted without the express
written
permission of Westley Annis.

StBernard mailing list
StBernard at da-parish.com
This list is provided as a free service of
da-parish.com and AskWestley.com
http://www.da-parish.com
http://www.AskWestley.com

To get your own free copy or to cancel your subscription visit
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/stbernard