[StBernard] Planning Commission<br>

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 16 22:54:49 EST 2007

Transient Trailer Park between Lena Drive and Corinne Drive and between Ohio
Street and St Bernard Hwy.

The real question is why has the current parish president chosen TWICE to
use his prosecutorial discretion and not enforce the cease and desist of
February 2007 and the cease and desist of October 2007.

The SBSO reports just from the Month of June 2007 have THREE different
trespassing incidents with arrest (one which involves a pistol). There are
other incidents without reports. There are many many occurrences where the
tenant-workers drive the very large equipment trucks and trailers (the
trailers carry things like the large cranes that demolish houses) up and
down Corinne or Lena Drive.

We havent been complaining although we are called activists, complainers,
busybodies, sandstirrers. And while our parish government services are
somewhat complaint driven, we have visited the "complaints" department so
many times, people think we work there. (which by the way is honorable).

We are fighting for the very soul of St Bernard Parish - Neighborhoods. Our
neighborhood rightfully should have every opportunity to continue in its
revitalization of the community as any other St Bernard Parish Neighborhood.

Transient Workers are just that -- a safety and welfare issue for
residential neighborhoods.

We dont want transient workers in a gypsy type trailer park anymore than we
want them in a parking lot on Jacob Drive. The same goes for any change in
R1 zoning to another landuse of residential properties in the Ohio Street
Neighborhood (or for that matter, in the Flora Estates Subdivision on the
north side of Judge Perez), regardless of who the property owner is;
regardless of how many times the powerful property owner (this political
family or my favorite industrial neighbor) attempts to make personal attacks
to discredit the reports, complaints or the busybody or that lady on Corinne
Street, or whatever name and attempt they are using these days.

With the recent MURDERS, drugs and other crimes in FEMA and other trailer
parks, we are certain this trailer park would be no different and would be a
burden on
our SBSO; not to mention the detrimental effects on the dozens of children
that live and play and walk to school in this area. It would definitely
increase crime in our neighborhood to allow any landuse change that allowed
industrial or commercial use on R1 and especially a landuse change that
brought transient or any other workers with it.

Whether its the sale of the neighborhood Firestation for refinery expansion
or the redevelopment of R1 properties into Commerical or Industrial, we need
to oppose anything that doesnot preserve our residential neighborhoods and
improve the quality of life.

SJK