[StBernard] Businesses Might Sue Over I-10 Closure

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 29 21:42:36 EST 2007

Well, here we go again.

Louisiana DEQ and Coastal Zone and everyother permit writer thought it was a
good idea to have the I-10 and the natural gas well in that close proximity.
Besides the loss of business and the inconveniences for the commuters and
holiday travelers, shouldn't we be more concerned about safety? Is there a
different shutoff valve mechanism that can be put into place?

LDEQ never takes responsiblity for how close they allow such hazards to
people. Look at the new pipeline in Meraux/Chalmette from Murphy refinery
to EXXON / Chalmette Refinery, not to mention the tank farm and processing
expansions within yards if not feet of subdivisions. Its a reality of
living in an oil and gas exploration / processing site. Yet, it does seem
that just a few minor changes could be made .

SJK