[StBernard] Tuesday Council Meeting

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 30 21:54:36 EST 2007

December 4th Council Meeting at 11:00 a.m.
(Excerpts from the agenda:)
INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCES

Summary No. 2074
Recommended by EFC on 11/29/07

An ordinance to amend the 2007 Annual St. Bernard Parish Operating and Capital Budget J.P.’S & Constables as follows: Expenditure - $10,000.00 – to cover expenses for the 2007 J.P.’s & Constables Training Course contingent upon receipt of an affidavit from each J.P. and Constable.

Summary No. 2075
Introduced by: Craig Taffaro, Councilman, District D

An ordinance to establish a moratorium on any new trailer parks in St. Bernard Parish for a period of three years.

My two cents:

JP's and Constables need to verify they are residing in their ward/district as required by State Law for these elected positions. IMHO if they have not returned since the storm (2 years, 4 months), they need to consider resignation. We need our elected officials to uphold the current laws and to demonstrate their commitment to our community's redevelopment.

Trailer Park Moratorium for three years will help disband all the gypsy transient workers trailer parks whose cease and desist orders should be enforced and/or served if not already done. Residents can still find existing permanent trailer parks with vacancy(s) throught the parish.

SJK