[StBernard] [LANDRIEU] Landrieu Statement on McCrery Retirement

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Dec 8 00:22:23 EST 2007

December 10, 2007

Landrieu Statement on McCrery Retirement

WASHINGTON - United States Senator Mary L. Landrieu, D-La., tonight released
the following statement regarding the announcement by Congressman Jim
McCrery, R-La., that he will not seek another term in the United States
House of Representatives.

Sen. Landrieu said:

"Congressman McCrery has been a dedicated Representative for the people of
northwest Louisiana for nearly two decades, and his hard work and leadership
in our delegation will be missed. Our friendship has spanned many years and
the partisan divide. First as State Treasurer and now as Senator, I have
enjoyed working with such an able partner and skilled policymaker.

"Most recently, I have been particularly proud of our success working
together to secure funds and support for the I-49/I-69 projects and for
bringing the new Cyber Command to Barksdale Air Force Base.

"I wish Jim and Johnette and their sons all the best as they embark on the
next leg of their journey together."

- 30 -