[StBernard] St. Bernard panel opposes truck stop

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Dec 10 20:29:30 EST 2007

Hi y'all,
I have been following the thread of discussion on the truck stop proposal.
Now I know I haven't been a resident of SBP in 20 years or so but I have
always visited several times a year. My visits usually include a ride "down
da road" to visit friends and relatives and just to be a "tourist" in my old
home place. But even pre-K I don't remember that much truck traffic up and
down the St.B.H.S. area. How much truck traffic volume is there now,
post-K? Where will the customers of a truck stop be drawn from? Seems to
me there would need to be ALOT of traffic to keep 50-60 people employed
24/7. I just haven't seen that traffic volume down there myself. Can
anyone enlighten me? And I aggree with DDK, the new ordinance of 1000 ft
buffer between such an establishment and a school makes better sense. Just
my 2 cents from afar...

Penny T.