[StBernard] LRA Issues Statements Regarding Appointment of New Executive Director

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Dec 18 00:36:19 EST 2007

LRA Chairman, Outgoing Executive Director Issue Statements Regarding Paul Rainwater's Appointment as New Executive Director

BATON ROUGE, La (December 17, 2007)-Louisiana Recovery Authority Chairman Norman C. Francis and outgoing Executive Director Andy Kopplin issued the following statements today regarding the Governor-elect Bobby Jindal's appointment of Paul Rainwater as the LRA's new Executive Director.

"Paul is an extraordinary leader, and he brings a distinguished record of public service with him to the LRA," said LRA Chairman Norman C. Francis. "He has big shoes to fill, but I have no doubt that he is up to the task. Through his previous work with Lake Charles Mayor Randy Roach, on the LRA staff and in Senator Mary Landrieu's office, Paul has already proven to be invaluable to the recovery effort. I look forward to working with him as we continue our mission to rebuild a safer, stronger, smarter Louisiana."

"I couldn't be more pleased that Governor-elect Jindal has selected my friend and colleague Paul Rainwater as my successor," said outgoing LRA Executive Director Andy Kopplin. "Paul served as the LRA's Director of Hazard Mitigation and Intergovernmental Affairs from May 2006 until January 2007 when he left our staff to join Senator Landrieu's Washington office. He was instrumental in helping the LRA and Senator Landrieu get the $3 billion we needed for the Road Home program last month. I am confident Paul will offer the strong leadership and continuity that the LRA and the recovery need."

###