[StBernard] Crime

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 21 08:56:41 EST 2007

Bianca, I'm living in Slidell for the time being and working on my many
properties in St. Bernard. I'm not afraid to go there anymore, for the most
part. I go during the day time and I'm just very careful of my surroundings
and anyone I see in the neighborhoods. Many places are still very deserted
and untouched. When I go in and out of any of the buildings, I lock the door
behind me. I lock my car doors. I do not talk to strangers or workers I
don't know. I know two contractors that were robbed at gunpoint while
working on repairing homes. They were going back and forth to the work
truck and leaving doors opened and unlocked as they came and went. This
cannot be done. Both went to the ATM and were followed back to the work
sight by black men that were watching the ATM. Then the workers were robbed
and hit over the head with the gun and their lives were threatened while
they were being called white M F ers. They were allowed to live and police
reports were filed. One of these crimes took place right down the street
from the court house. The policemen said this ATM crime has happened
several times recently and seems to be the newest thing. So just be
careful. If you come home you will be alright as long as you are careful
and try to stay around people and keep your doors locked just in case. Try
to move to any area where people are living. It is still very safe compared
to other places around the metro area. Have an alarm installed in your
home, and use it, and that will make you feel better too.

Laurie