[StBernard] Crucifix

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 21 09:20:02 EST 2007

Thanks for sharing that great story! I know it effected everyone of
us upon returning; actually, it scared me! I thought ugh-oh, this can't be
good! No, it was worse, but this year we are truly blessed and snug as a
bug in our new home! MsSimms

> Posted on Nola.com 10/01/05
>

> I am a teacher at St. Mark and when I saw the statue, I
immediately knew that it
> was from in front of the church. The story goes like this...The
Fire Department
> went out immediately after Katrina to do Search and Rescue. They
saw "a body" in
> the water and rushed over to it. It was the crucifix of Jesus.
They stood it up
> and took a picture of the cross surrounded by all of this
devastion. In order to
> get it out of the water, they placed it on top of the arbor by the
St. Joseph
> statue (in honor of the Pohlmann family) and they left it up high,
out of the
> water. The Sheriff's office asked Father Mark Lomax if he minded
if they put it
> at the entrance to the parish and he couldn't think of a m ore
appropriate place.
> Hopefully, one day, it will be erected at a new, beautiful
Catholic Church in