[StBernard] Appraisal Opinion of Value - can rarely be changed.

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jan 7 23:07:36 EST 2008

Jim,

Yes, as was required by Road Home, I did your mom's house using the Form
2055, but I did measure it to verify the square footage and other specs.
Though it was not required, you told me you were uncertain of the specs and
I had nothing else to go off of, so I thought it best to measure it and
confirm what was there by adding the sketch page to the appraisal report.
(This is something the Road Home appraisers do NOT do)

There are some who I have appraised for where it was not necessary to
measure their home because they had good information on their property or I
was able to find previous listings in the realtor's MLS that confirmed
square footage and other specs - and some listings even had pre-Katrina
photos of the home.

As I've stated in previous postings, if you learn the Road Home has inferior
spec data on your home, then you need to bring that to their attention and
demand they revaluate your property based on what was there...in fact, they
are required by law to base your valuation on accurate specs (i.e. square
footage of living area, lot size, number of bedrooms and baths, condition,
etc.).

John