[StBernard] Ticks

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jan 16 19:40:11 EST 2008

Since I live in what some of my relatives call Tickville TX, may I offer
some hard won advice? Use Frontline Plus or its equivalent on your pup and
treat your yard periodically with a good flea/tick killer. Ask at the feed
store or H.D. or Lowe's and follow instructions especially concerning when
it is safe to go back into the yard - for both yourself and especially pets.
Since you guys down there are having so much trouble with an ever growing
rat population, you may all end up with a flea and tick problem. Where the
wild critters go, fleas and ticks follow. Hope this helps!
Penny