[StBernard] Florida hits Allstate in the moneymaker: Auto policies

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 22 18:53:09 EST 2008

Wendy, when renewing my auto policy up here in AL I asked the GEICO rep why
it was so much cheaper here in the B'ham area as compared to New
Orleans/Louisiana with the reduced pop in the nola area. His answer was
simple: Lots less insurance fraud up here.

If you are talking about property insurance, FL has it as bad as we do on
premiums.

You know, the insurance companies have been doing the same thing in N.Y.
state, and along the Eastern Seaboard. If all these states did the same
thing, the insurance companies would probably find a way to work with the
states.

Jim

Jim,

I'd have to disagree a little bit here. While louisiana is smaller
in
population, you can bet we pay in about the same amout due to our
"risk"
pool. My sister's insurance was 3 times higher in louisiana than in
Alabama
and increased recently because her car was broken into and she had
to make a
claim, like she asked for her car to be broken into and her
dashboard to be
ripped to pieces.

Wendy