[StBernard] Traffic cameras

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jan 25 23:56:37 EST 2008

" N.O. traffic cameras will catch more than just red light runners. Speeders, people who turn at red light without stopping will also be cited "

Jer Responds: I had to smile at this one considering stop signs being completed and place above a pole at each stop sign in St. Bernard to catch those doing 60 in a 20 mile speed limit. Throughout St. Bernard's history more people were running stop signs as if it read:

S (Speed)
T (Through)
O (One or more!)
P (Please)

There are/were times when vehicles rolled faster on side streets than Judge Perez and St. Bernard Hwy. and Paris Road!

Technology, seems they're only available on our streets when economically feasible. Cost lots of money to implement widespread, including a central control area to monitor street control, perhaps.

Then, if it were vehicles equipped like James Bond Astin Martin auto, one can spin the license plate around to a bogus "Mardi Gras or holiday plate" when approaching a run-able traffic light. <smile>

--jer--