[StBernard] Catholic Church reshaping parishes

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jan 28 23:31:50 EST 2008

Geez, the Catholic Church/faith will almost assuredly face challenges in
keeping the faith viable. Mostly due to abusers and homosexuality within.
(then making major mistakes in "hush" and appeasement. Kids don't get "the
urge" to go into the priesthood (mostly starting from my generation this
past 50 years. I love my faith as most Christians love theirs. However, as
priests diminish, more "substitutes" will stand at the pulpit and read from
scripture (the gospel), hand out the hosts (blessed by a priest in some town
away until they too die and not replaced), and dismiss the crowd thereafter
the "mass".

I've seen it happen in a town when I evacuated during "da big 'un". No
priest replace the retired one (he could well have died and the thinness of
the priesthood would have dictated that no one would be "arriving with the
Calvary" to replace the once beloved deceased/retiree.

(Of course, we can expect any of the established faiths to be affected as
well).

--until the only ones wearing the cloth will be in drag like the Mardi Gras,
masquerades, etc.

Pitful to have donated to that church -- only to have seen 600 million given
to victims of the Church "cleanout". Still, my faith remains in hope
(according the biblical prophecy).

--jer--