[StBernard] Involuntary Demolition

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 6 18:59:24 EST 2008

What if you have just purchased a gutted house with
the intention of fixing it up? By the time the
decision was made for the owner to sell it, waiting
for the succession paperwork from the owner's lawyer
which took quite some time, waiting for the act of
sale which took quite some time, waiting for the road
home assignment which took a LOT of time, and then
getting new doors on the house, windows repaired and
the home secured. It HAS taken that long. Not every
house that is not near completion or being lived in is
abandoned. What if it is in the beginning stages of
repair because of these circumstances? There are many
different circumstances. I understand the need to
move forward, and the houses that are truly abandoned
to be dealt with, but not everyone is at the same
stage of rebuilding. I would guess there's more than a
few people who have just purchased a gutted home.

EH