[StBernard] St. Bernard Library

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 14 21:07:40 EST 2008

Would someone please respond to a previous question that was asked last
year:

Why isn't the old library on St. Bernard Hwy being repaired?

The temp trailer provided by the Gates Foundation, "Temp" has resulted in a
search again for another temp place for the library when the current use of
it will expire.

If the parish cannot front/acquire the funds required to build the new
library on the previously acquired land in Meraux at this time, with a
build schedule years down the road, what's wrong with the old library
building being repaired and put in service?

Has anyone at the parish level had a professional estimate performed as to
exactly what must be done including total cost to put this facility back in
use.

The old library building served the parish prior to Katrina when we seemed
to be busting at the seams with residents. Seems that it could serve the
parish well with our reduced residents at this time until the new library
can be built.

jill dolese