[StBernard] Exxon Mobil-Venezuelan refinery continues operations

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Feb 18 08:52:16 EST 2008

Randy,

It's obvious the Venezuelan people are not as nuts as we might have thought.
They had gone along with everything Chavez wanted, but when it finally came
down to a public vote to give him supreme powers that would allow him to
ignore their constitution, the people overwhelming voted NO....as if to say
"Hugo we love you..but not that much."

I still believe Rev. Pat Robertson had the right idea back in 2005...send a
merc team down there to take out the son of a bitch. He has repeatedly
declared himself to be an enemy of the United States and publicly vowed to
do everything he can to "destroy the United States." That is why I now
boycott Citgo gas because it is owned by the Venezuelan government, so
buying Citgo gas funds Chavez and his anti United States efforts.

Also, if I was Secretary of the U.S. State Department, I would pull the
return visa of any American who goes to Venezuela and bad mouths President
Bush and/or the United States, thus preventing them re-entry into the United
States - the likes of Sean Penn, Danny Glover and other Hollywood ingrates.
They would be trapped down there. Let them live there for a while and then
they'll see which country is better.

And the beauty of this is it would all be legal. If a foreign government
leader has declared himself an enemy of the United States and vows
destruction of the U.S., and you go down there, stand next to him at a
public podium and declare that he's right...at that point you have legally
made yourself an enemy of the United States government or made yourself
guilty of treason. At that point the U.S. State Department has the
arbitrary powers to yank your visa and deny you re-entry into the United
States. I only wish Rice had the gutts to that.

John