[StBernard] EDITORIAL: Mr. Taffaro's mistake

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 3 21:36:05 EST 2008

Craig, personally, I don't think it WAS a mistake on your part, but I view
this rather as a compromise with the Federal government. The Feds have
dictated with minority discontent to filter into people's lives with a
demanding insolence. This America is no longer a democratic majority of laws
but a determination to poison the majorities views and lives with
preferential treatments and quotas which foster animosity of the masses,
especially in the deep south.

It can most assuredly be a throwback from the tail end of the civil war
which the north wished to punish the south for their beliefs (right or
wrong, it doesn't matter). After the civil rights era of the 50's/60's, a
viewpoint to "check" the south's way of life and gear it's growth toward its
political ambitions.

In an historical perspective, an easy-going way of life in the south was
ushered forward at an alarming speed to bring many of the liberal
ideologists down south to teach in our universities (hence, the extremists
liberal attempt to brainwash the youth into the Yank camp and perspectives.

Through the years, the very naïve and easily swayed youth considered their
indoctrination "righteous and true" only to have been bought and sold by
"the masters" of their kind.

One thing must be considered as factual: the North did not have our
minorities--many who were not educated, chose a deviant lifestyle in lieu of
knowledge and many who filled the jails (and of course, thought to
overpopulate the criminal justice system inequitably). <Can you imagine that
according to this logic, we've have to jail the other 45% of the jails with
non-minorities, only to please those in that mindset that we need to
"equalize" the jails to obtain a balance of sorts. --yes, it's a laughing
matter!).

Now, the south is faced with a disaster whereas the minority now is mostly
of the Caucasian persuasion--St. Bernard Parish. The majority in New Orleans
is being seen nationwide as the ONLY victims of injustices, maltreatment and
inequality/inequity. It's the numbers game and St. Bernard Parish is playing
the scapegoat for New Orleans housing problems. Hence, the spillover into da
parish is the curse we must face because of the majority of its inhabitants
were renters who must now pour into St. Bernard to accommodate a housing law
going bad--not as St. Bernard's guest, but as its invaders--forever changing
the landscape and populace into a NEWER New Orleans. It's distance is but a
hop, skip and jump away from its cultural sister.

Broken down, da parish has no foot to stand upon. It is being forced fed by
a justice system that demands what it wishes to dictate. How unfortunate
that the highest court in the land is not only an interpreter of laws, it's
a judge, juror and executioner of its law-making agenda. It does so beyond
the legislature and executive branches of government--and it leans more
liberal than not toward giving all benefits to the weak--at the expense of
the strong and majority. Protection of the few/lowly with the demise of the
many. Unfortunately, at some point in time, we can expect those in the
minority to surpass the majority in rights and never surrender the power
gained with equality once achieved, but moved forward into ALL is in favor
(so as to attain the "cake and eat it too" phenomenon.

Sorry you had to experience a low in your administration. Standing up for
those in one's community for what one believes to be right -- is seen as
racists -- if only with the intent to preserve our way of life and culture.
With that said, what was once a proud culture to save will in most
probability be replaced by other cultures hell-bent on changing into
additional cultures which will be the ruin of da parish. One can only see
New Orleans as an example that had multiple cultures and races be
downtrodden by one or two races which dominated the landscape with dominance
and intimidation (drugs, crime, social indifferences to the norm).

First, N'awlins. Now, it could be da parish in jeopardy. It's not
discriminatory to keep a beautiful parish and its inhabitants culturally
sound where a balance of cultures kept da parish safe and enjoyable. Things
will perhaps worsen because New Orleans leadership to racially reclaim
itself as a "Chocolate City" and BEYOND will be the coffin's nail unless
safety attacks, drugs, crime, bad people, etc. can be checked at its
borders. Unfortunately, the laws which strap the law-abiding, friendly,
culturally structured, and caring/considerate good folks will take precedent
over what most people in the South believe to be in the best interest of
their communities.

How sad.

--jer--