[StBernard] Barack Obama Wrong On Reverend Wright

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 18 21:17:52 EDT 2008

Jer, I agree Obama's press conference speech today did little to "smooth
things over" with the country. Rather than words, let's refer to how
other's handled a similar problem with "action."

When the Episcopal Church announced it would accept homosexuals as the
clerly, what did hundreds of thousand Episcopalians in the country do? Did
they say something like "I can't disown the Church anymore than I can disown
my own grandmother?" No, they left the Church! They realized they could
not remain within an organization that clearly had beliefs that conflicted
with their own principles.

Likewise, someone needs to accost Senator Obama with this point..."true, you
can't disown your grandmother because she's a relative NOT by choice - but
one does CHOOSE which church and faith one belongs to."

This is the beginning of the end for Obama. The liberal media is strongly
supportive of Hillary and they're not going to let this go away because Rev.
Wright is not going to go away. And the way the Demos are pit-bulling at
one another, McCain and the Repubs have to be loving it.

John Scurich