[StBernard] Jer

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Mar 22 21:04:39 EDT 2008

Jer,

My pleasure, indeed. You remind me with each of your writings that this is
still the good ole US of A...freedom of speech still applies, oui?

It is a good thing that we can all share our thoughts without fear of
retribution. A strong man/woman never lets anyone take that away.

As a fellow fish out of water, know that our fond memories of St. Bernard
have contributed to who we are today. Close bonds and friendships never
die.

Now, Jer, on a personal note, I grew up on St. Ferdinand Street, and walked
St. Roch Ave to the park on a regular basis. Very familiar territory.

Just wanted you to have another good feel of what these old neighborhoods
and communities mean to a lot of folks from all ages and backgrounds.

Cindy Meyers

Thank you Cindy for your support. One thing is sure. When you feel
the need
to cry for a half-hour, I can almost guarantee that I will respond
that I'll
have to match you with an HOURLY span of sadness. It's just that
way.

A major problem with those who made their courageous decision (many
had jobs
in da parish and this certainly helped in decisions and recovery
within da
parish) to remain should equally understand the misery is worsened
and not
bettered emotionally from those outside. If I can use a analogy of
"fish out
of water" to a displaced St. Bernardian's (fish) emotions (water) we
all
might see how vital life was to us prior to this huge disaster.

We may be displaced but the memories of our lives pre-K will never
be
forgotten as personally, I grieve every day and remember how
wonderful life
actually existed for me in my beloved parish. The emotion pain for
me and
others can't be described in words.

Heaven is our comfort, indeed.

--jer--