[StBernard] Section 8 or bust.

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 24 20:21:03 EDT 2008

Well Jer, my understanding was that they (parish govt) was limiting the # of
sec. 8's allowed. I also find it hard to believe they parish gov't knows
some of these in these locations are advertising as sec. 8.

"I got news Jerry. Go here:
https://asd.fema.gov/inter/hportal/home.htm --
Select state, parish (St. Bernard), city (all used to work) and do a
search.
You will be **surprised** at the number of listings that say: Sec.
8-Y. "
--Jim.

Jer: Jim, government interference to meet quotas (they call
equality, but
one never figures how much human rights and misery is achieved by
attempting
to push one-sided equality at the expense of everyone else simply
struggling
to get by..

FEMA Rental Resources?? Every block will have many properties to
rent/low
income purchasing of Section 8. (I read 2 of 3 homeowners sold to
Road
Home).

I fear that da parish can indeed act similar an elevator's descent
unless
checked. (da parish government tried by N'awlins crowd brought them
to their
knees with fines and infractions.

This revelation brings back sad flashbacks that I've experienced as
a kid in
N'awlins. I watched my childhood friends and their families leave
one-by-one
scattering as emigrants and I shall never get to see them again.
Cause:
unasked for neighbors replacing old acquaintances since birth
marking for me
a life as nomad for 15 years thereafter until stability in St.
Bernard
parish as a youth.

Now, unfortunately to me and the family--it's begun again and I'm
again
moving in "a trail of tears" by covered wagon :^(

--jer--