[StBernard] Old Neighborhoods

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 24 20:20:19 EDT 2008

Old Neighborhoods,

Jer,
I also grew up in the same area. I lived on Acacia St. near Jasmine until I
moved to Chalmette in 1976. Walked the streets like you in the fifties at
night to get donuts from the famous Verbina bakery. Skated at Kopplemans'
rink for years
Don't know if you ever attended the St. Rock reunions that were held here in
the parish at the civic center. Sure wish that this could get started again
once our center has been put back into use,. It was always a fun night to
see all the people we grew up with but also a sad one to find out those
that had passed on.
Jill