[StBernard] Twitter

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 25 19:08:44 EDT 2008

If you haven't heard of Twitter, it is the latest social media thing to hit
the Internet. It has no simple definition, but you can think of it as a way
of telling the world what you're doing or what's on your mind. The only rule
is that everything has to be said in 140 characters or less.

Although you can send tweets (messages) through the web interface, the
better way is to use either Instant Messaging, your cell phone, or Twhirl (a
Windows application).

To see what it is all about visit http://twitter.com

Of course, it doesn't do much good unless you follow someone, and I'm as
good as any. You can see what I'm twittering about here:
http://twitter.com/westleyannis

If you sign up for an account, you can click to my page and then click the
follow button under my mug shot.

Although the website seems to be down at the moment, Twhirl is the best way
to use Twitter on a Windows PC. Once the site is back up, you can download
it here: http://www.twhirl.org

Westley