[StBernard] (Region 6): EPA Awards Over $1 million to the State of Louisiana

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 28 08:50:28 EDT 2008

It would be fantastic if there were possible grants to *relocate* the intake
away from the refineries. However, I don't know how far up or down the
river they would have to do that and how cost-prohibitive it would be.
Ideally, cost should never factor into health-safety issues, but...

Jim

Here's hoping our drinking water intake gets the appropriate
analysis. LDHH
is responsible for the treatment of the water. The coast guard is
responsible when their are toxic discharges into the river. The LDEQ
is
responsible to permit industry(s) to discharge and at what proximity
intakes. This area needs more accountability at the permitting and
discharge so that our community is not the only accountable and
responsible
party at the treatment stage. SJK