[StBernard] Support Our Firefighters

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 13 10:00:30 EDT 2008

Concerned Citzens Around Murphy
Meraux and Chalmette
St Bernard Parish, Louisiana

We want what any other St. Bernard Parish neighborhood would want; clean
air, clean water, and uncontaminated soil; and for families and friends to
live peaceful lives.

As we restore our homes and revitalize our community we are preserving the
integrity of our residential neighborhoods and improving our quality of
life. We join with our neighbors for neighborhoods to effect the ever
changing decisions that empact our community by encouraging citizen
participation and providing advocacy for all residents who are committed to
return, rebuild and remain in St Bernard Parish Louisiana.

Please join us April 15th 7pm in support of our St Bernard Parish
Firefighters for an equipped, operational firestation and new emergency
training facility. Because we care about the safety and health of our
children, we petition that the sale of the Jacob Drive Firestation property
also be contingent on the designation of greenspace use only, with no zoning
changes. To sell the property otherwise only allows the opportunity to
lower the buffer, fire space and hazard zones and place the next explosion
or incident that much closer to our homes.

For these reasons we ask the ordinance be amended to reflect designated
greenspace use only.

CCAMLA1 at gmail.com <mailto:CCAMLA1 at gmail.com>