[StBernard] Parish officials consider hospital options

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Apr 14 23:08:13 EDT 2008

>Where do people go now or for the last 3 years for hospital care certainly

>not in this parish.

Well Warren, go ahead with the Ochsner plan. You'll still be going out of
the parish. It is not in Ochsner's financial best interests to build
anything more than a clinc or holding area in SBP when they have:

1. Their main facility in Metairie
2. The former Meadowcrest hospital on the West Bank.
3. They own Baptist-whether they rebuild it or not.
4. The former Kenner Regional Medical Center.

I have no idea whether Dr. Verrette is *actually* employed by that group or
not. Yes he works in the trailer clinic. However, how many times have you
gone to an E.R. or hospital and have read/been advised that the doctor's
services are separate from the E.R. or hospital? Many times they are
independent contractors!!!

I did not like Ochsner before Katrina and would not have used them.
Personally, I would have used Methodist, Baptist or Tulane.

Jim

Lets see, A hospital that will cost the parish nothing even if it is
smaller or one that will cost 60 million dollars.
A certain hospital proposes to build with capability to make
expansions.
Where do people go now or for the last 3 years for hospital
care certainly not in this parish.
Oh and doesn't Dr Verrett work for OLOL group, biased? Ya
think.!!

Warren