[StBernard] ban cheap goods made in China

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 6 19:04:57 EDT 2008

Do you want to send a message to China?

Are we Americans as dumb as we appear or is it we just do not think? While
the Chinese, knowingly and intentionally, export inferior products and
dangerous toys and goods to be sold in American markets, the media wrings
its hands and criticizes the Bush Administration for perceived errors. Yet
70% of Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese
should be suspended. Well, duh..why do you need the government to suspend
trading privileges? DO IT YOURSELF!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in
China' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong), simply choose another
product or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on
Chinese products, however you will be equally amazed at what you can do
without. Who needs plastic eggs t o cele brate Easter? If you must have
eggs, use real ones and benefit some American farmer. Easter is just an
example, the point is. do not wait for the government to act. Just go ahead
and assume control on your own.
If 200 million Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods,
that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!! The
downside? Some American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having
foreign stockpiles of inventory.

The solution?

Let's give them fair warning and send our own message. We will not implement
this UNTIL June 4, and we will only continue it until July 4. That is only
one month of trading losses, but it will hit the Chinese for 1/12th of the
total, or 8%, of their American exports. Then they will at least have to ask
themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness were worth it.

Remember, June 4 to July 4.

Send this to everybody you know.

Show them we are Americans

and NOBODY can tak e us for granted.

If we cannot live without cheap Chinese goods for one month out of our
lives, WE DESERVE WHAT WE GET!

Pass it on America!