[StBernard] Road Home Homes

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 7 17:18:02 EDT 2008

Syl, I would think if everything was done legally and correctly with a
property title company and recorded at the court house, that the least to
purchase people are the owner's just as if there were a mortgage on the
property. The person paying the mortgage or lease to purchase is the owner
in good standing as long as they are paying the notes and are not in
forclosure or being repossessed upon. So they could buy the lot, but I
don't know what would happen if they defaulted later on. Would the lot
become the property of the contractor that holds the lease to purchase, or
mortgage? Not sure on that one.

laurie

> That is the exact situation except that the other house was purchased by a

> contractor who has it rented/sold (whatever) as a lease to purchase. The

> new lease to purchase person wants to buy the lot next door, but I was

> wondering if they can since they really are not the homeowner, yet. I

heard

> about splitting the lot, but then again, the other side really isn't a

home