[StBernard] ban cheap goods made in China

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 7 17:23:14 EDT 2008

Keep an eye out on the news.. I think it is in South or North Carolina there
is a Chinese business man buying land due to the slump in the housing market
and low dollar. He is going to open a manufacturing plant. They will
actually be breaking even or doing better with the market in China after
hiring Americans. He is to recieving a credit of $1500.00 per employee.

However it is not only the cheap items you buy, but also the food items.
For example, I went to the grocery in north Louisiana looking to buy garlic
and other fruits and vegetables.
The garlic was from.. you guessed it..CHINA. The fruits and vegetables were
labled Mexico and other foreign countries. After some looking I did find
American produce and I also have started looking at everything other item I
purchase. After a few time consuming trips to the grocery, I kind of know
what items I wish to purchase. All American products as far as the Made in
the.. labels are concerned. I don't know about any of you, but I don't mind
having to pay a couple of extra cents for the items I buy. Most of the
product I find are pretty comparable in price and no I am not rich by any
stroke of the imagination. I do it because it's the comfort of knowing what
food my family is ingestion and the products they are coming in contact with
are safe. I ask all of you to just start paying attention to products as
you shop and you wil be quite amazed at what you find.

MC