[StBernard] LouisianaRebuilds.info Weekly Alert

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 7 17:45:37 EDT 2008

Lousiana Rebuilds <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/>

New Organization Helping to Rebuild Houses

SAFER (Student Advocacy for Equitable Recovery), through their Family Match
rebuilding program, matches the time and skills of college students to the
needs of families who lost their homes due to Hurricane Katrina. SAFER
offers assistance with mold remediation, gutting, and rebuilding, as well as
a program that helps residents find affordable houses to purchase. Find out
about this organization and others here
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/2896> .

Who is Managing Homes Sold to the Road Home Program?

The Louisiana Land Trust is the non profit organization formed to manage the
properties that have been purchased by the State of Louisiana under the
current Road Home Program. Find out more about it in our Homeowners section
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/homeowners#road> under "Road Home Program
Info" and check our calendar for future Louisiana Land Trust meetings.

Important CHAT Meeting

The Citizen's Road Home Action Team (CHAT) will meet TONIGHT, May 7, at 6:30
pm, to discuss and prepare for the Bill of Road Home Rights (SB740) to be
presented Thursday morning to the Senate Committee on Local and Municipal
Affairs and voted on. The bill incorporates many of CHAT's proposals to
address the undue hardships many applicants have experienced during their
grant application process. Applicants with cases still pending are invited
to attend the CHAT meeting and give 2-3 minute descriptions of their Road
Home status during the meeting. See our calendar for meeting details and
find out more about CHAT in our Homeowners section
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/homeowners#road> under "Road Home Program
Info."

Upcoming Events

May 7: Citizens Road Home Action Team
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/1997>

May 8: Holy Cross Community Meeting
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/1693>

May 10: Grant-Writing for Everyone
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3131>

May 11: National Green Building Conference
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3030>

May 12: NORA Board Meeting <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/2905>

May 12: Lecture: The Neighborhood Guide to Winning at City Hall
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3143>