[StBernard] Road Home Homes

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri May 9 23:22:06 EDT 2008

Gaby,

You have to remember that legal definitions, while similar, are not quite
the same as what you would find in Webster's or the Oxford.

I'm not sure about Louisiana specifics, but generally to prove residence you
need some combination of there:

1) Proof you are spending majority time sleep in house
2) All legal correspondence to house (bills, bank statements, etc)
3) Voter registration move to house
4) Length of time in house

As far as I'm concerned, I would follow this path:

1) Approach land owners on both sides to see if either or both party is
interested
2) If both interested, split property in half
3) If only one interested, they can purchase 100%
4) If neither interested, sell 100% to another party

I really don't see a big need to determine if the land owner is living in
the house or renting. The purpose is to increase lot sizes, not find someone
to rebuild a house on that lot.

Westley