[StBernard] Your Tax Rebate:

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 13 18:41:45 EDT 2008

Well, we got shorted, hubby and I only got 300 each.....I guess the "usuals"
got our other 300 portions and it will be spent in da hood! It was based on
"tax liability" and since we lost everything in Katrina and this was our
last year to write off the remaining losses, we got screwed again! Got
enough to put gas in the cars this month! SUCKS!!!! ***One more added bonus
this year*** my state tax was reduced by a garnishment from UNEMPLOYMENT!
Since we were both UNEMPLOYED after Katrina, we collected unemployment for a
few months until we secured other employment (which was reported to UE) -
anywho, they apparently decided that (for some unknown reason) they wanted
mine back! HUH? WTF is up with the government taking back something
everytime you turn around??? I was employed for 20 years and this was the
first time I was unemployed and not for long. It was all reported and they
did not over pay me so........anyway, they seized it from my state tax
refund. Now I have to wait for the letter and begin another fight! Our
government is seriously in need of some "cleansing"! When my refund was
short, I called to ask why and they told me at that moment - no letter in 2
1/2 years, no phone calls, no indication that they wanted to look in to
anything, no time for me to produce any proof they may need - nothing! They
just reach in and take it, no matter if they are right or wrong! I am sick
to death of having to fight for my rights as a tax paying, law abiding
citizen.

SMM