[StBernard] Press Release St. Bernard BPW meeting

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 13 18:43:24 EDT 2008

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE MAY 13, 2008
ST. BERNARD BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL WOMEN'S CLUB
HOLDS FIRST POST-STORM GENERAL MEETING

CONTACTS:

DEBORAH KELLER, CHAIR 473-3470 ddk120757 at aol.com

OR
CLAIRE RUNNELS, PUBLIC RELATIONS CHAIR 601-795-0428

The St. Bernard Business and Professional Women's Club will hold its first
post-Katrina general meeting on Monday, May 19, 2008 at the Council on Aging
office, 8201 West Judge Perez Drive, in Chalmette. Featured speaker is
Parish President Craig Taffaro who will give an update on the
administration's Recovery and Growth Plan. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., with the
program starting at 6 pm. The meeting is open to the public. "We really
look forward to seeing many of our former members, as well as getting
acquainted with those interested in the many activities sponsored by our
organization," says club president, Deborah Keller. "There will be an
opportunity for the audience to write questions on cards prior to the
meeting. Questions will be selected and Mr.Taffaro will be able to respond,
as time permits."

Since the storm, the officers and board have been meeting quarterly. "We
feel the time is right for the women of our area to turn the many issues we
face beyond returning and recovery. Some of our members are living outside
the parish now, but our club is their connection to the family, friends, and
business associates that are here. The St. Bernard Business and Professional
Women's Club was chartered in 1961. It takes more than a few major
hurricanes to get in the way of the women of this parish"

The main activities of the club since August 2005 have been the annual Man
and Woman of the Year banquets and the annual scholarship awards to
outstanding parish high school students.

-30-