[StBernard] Raise for St. Bernard president proposed

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 19 20:15:20 EDT 2008

Well it's interesting...

While a comparison is made to the leaders of St. James, St. Charles, and
Jefferson Parishes, we don't compare population-wise to those areas. Anyone
know what the salary is for the prez in Plaquemines? I would think we'd be
more comparable in size.

Also, is there something in the charter about any raises only going into
affect for the next elected President? I seem to recall that being the case
but of course I also believe it was bypassed for Mr. Ponstein.

I know our current Pres. was cognizant of the salary of the office when
running for it, because that became an issue for discussion between him and
Junior. I recall Craig saying he was aware of what the job paid.

It seems odd to see the Council propose this when we also read about the
dire straits the parish is in financially.

#74098