[StBernard] Parish still looks horrable almost 3 years later

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 19 20:38:38 EDT 2008

Why is there still a boat belly up in Bayou Bienvenue ? well, let me be
the first to say I support " noboats " !! but that also some things are
still caught up with the FEMA bureaucracy and need to verify VIN numbers on
flooded vehicles further south on Paris Road. another example would be
recently constructed sheds in Arabi that FEMA deemed historical structures
and ineligible for demolition.

yes, it's up to us to make the difference and at times it may seem you are
not making any progress, yet we really are. also, I dont care for the
comparison to Biloxi because it was most unfortunate that most of the
structures were leveled in Mississippi, yet it may account for the
seemingly faster pace of rebuild. also, Mississippi had a different
political climate from the Federal Grant to the state and local level.

Our community playground park was recently rebuilt by the whole community
and the entrance way to the parish at the Pearl Harbor Memorial that
District B residents maintain and the newly planted trees are all great
examples of what we can accomplish together. additionally, what Rediscover
District C Beautification Committee chairman always quotes
"Be the change you want to see in the world." -Gandi

SJK