[StBernard] eternal optimism

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 21 21:41:42 EDT 2008

Yeah for eternal optimism. May it be awarded.

It is really kinda neat how many of us here (including myself) got so very
defensive of our parish' progress, along with those who were adamant about
wanting more, not willing to content oneself with the status quo.
THAT is in fact the spirit of St Bernardians we have seen so far making
possible the impossible.

Just as our little church (Gethsemane) was believed to be doomed to be a
memory of the past, so the parish was by many not expected to make any kind
of come back. Yet it has, and is plowing along, in spite of set backs and
being in the shadow of our famous neighbor, the city that forgot to care or
cared to forget (or whatever its called); in spite of the bungled mess about
financial aid that was held back by red tape as strong as the needles of the
spillway bay holding back the rising river.

God Bless St Bernard. We keep on.

(feeling parishtriotic today)

Gaby