[StBernard] Beware of "Direct Buy"

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat May 24 10:14:29 EDT 2008

Hi  :-)

I just wanted to share my experience with Direct Buy.  I am a displaced
Chalmatian and have since built a home in Nashville, TN and I'm also going
to rebuild a smaller version of my home in Chalmette. (Just can't take the
Chalmatian outta me :-))

We joined Direct Buy here in Nashville and I must HONESTLY say we are PRO
Direct Buy.  We got excellent prices on NAME BRAND furniture and appliances.

Just on appliances alone we saved close to $4,000.00!!!  Total with all
furniture such as Ashley Furniture, Henredon, Thomasville as well as GE and
Kitchen Aid appliances, we saved roughly $40,000.00  No exaggeration here
folks.

In fact, we were so pleased with Direct Buy that we also renewed our
membership so that when we rebuild back home in Chalmette, we'll be able to
buy our cabinets, flooring, carpeting, as well as furnishings and get the
membership great prices.

I ordered furniture and appliances for my son who lives in Slidell, LA and
had them ship it to the local Direct Buy in Elmwood (Jefferson Parish).
He had lost all his furniture and appliances as he had 6 foot of water in
his home.  He also saved BIG BUCKS, thanks to our membership.  He is totally
pleased with everything he was able to order.

I don't know what types of complaints have been filed against Direct Buy as
I have not yet looked at the website, but I know with my own experience.  I
am pleased as can be.  NOW...on the other hand...I do NOT know whether
Direct Buy is a franchise type of business.  Perhaps it is ONLY the south
Louisiana Direct Buy that is having problems????  Again...I'm only speaking
from my own personal dealings and experience with Direct Buy up here in
Nashville, TN.

Thanks for letting me put my 2 cents in :-)

Rena Daniel