[StBernard] Kennedy Campaign Statement

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jun 11 23:03:21 EDT 2008

STATEMENT ON LANDRIEU'S COMMENTS AGAINST EARMARK REFORM LEGISLATION
SUPPORTED BY JOHN KENNEDY

Baton Rouge, LA - Kennedy For Senate Communications Director Leonardo
Alcivar today released the following statement in response to Senator
Landrieu's attack on earmark reform legislation in the State Legislature
supported by John Kennedy:

"Senator Landrieu's gleeful celebration of yesterday's temporary defeat of
earmark reform legislation is exactly what's wrong with politics today - and
why Louisianans are fed up with Washington. At a time of great change, the
people of Louisiana are telling politicians from both parties that they
expect transparency and accountability from those they've elected to serve.
Reform is carrying the day in our state, and John Kennedy will never stop
fighting to bring accountability and sunshine to our earmarking process."

"Senator Landrieu has a clear, twelve year record in staunch defense of
earmarks. We wish her good luck with that. But a Washington politician who
refuses to fully disclose each and every one of her earmarks, then doubles
down by attacking her opponent for supporting earmark reform is out of touch
and on the wrong side of history in Louisiana."

For more information about John Kennedy or his campaign
for U.S. Senate, please visit our website <http://www.johnkennedy.com/> .