[StBernard] Local Bar sues local church

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jul 23 22:15:36 EDT 2008

Local Bar Sues Local Church

In a small Texas town, a new bar/tavern started a building
to open up their business. A local church started a campaign of petitions
and prayers to block the bar from opening.

Work progressed, however right up till the week before
opening, when a lightning strike hit the bar and it burned to the ground.

The church folks were rather smug in their outlook after
that, till the bar owner sued the church on the grounds that the church was
ultimately responsible for the demise of his building, either through direct
or indirect actions or means. The church vehemently denied all
responsibility or any connection to the building's demise in its reply to
the court.

As the case made its way into court, the judge looked over
the paperwork. At the hearing he commented, 'I don't know how I'm going to
decide this, but as it appears from the paperwork, we have a bar owner who
believes in the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation that
doesn't.'

During these serious times, people of all faiths should remember these four
great religious truths:

1. Muslims do not recognize Jews as God's chosen people.

2. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.

3. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian
world.

4. Baptists do not recognize each other at Hooters.