[StBernard] FEMA cuts St. Bernard funding

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jul 31 22:18:31 EDT 2008

It's a sad narrative and commentary, but many in their hearts knew that as
time evolved with other disasters, (hurricanes, earthquakes, whatever)--any
former disaster, including ours..would become a back-burner, flashback in
memory or determination to forget by so many in government.

I firmly believe that nightmares were never destined to be awakened from in
this respect. We keep getting reminded, old wounds reopened and events
rehashed. They never have stopped in actuality or in emotions.

I have a theory personally:

As I've heard in a movie once (and in time travel), our lives and memories
are like a taco, folding over and retouching our lives to repeat history.

>From my standpoint, I cannot say I haven't died somehow and am now residing

in the biblical, Limbo/purgatory, working off my sins and misdeeds.

It's surreal at best and horrific at its worst.

--jer--